BOOK A MARKETING CONSULTATION
Book a marketing consultation now with our experienced Chartered Marketer, Jacquie Hudson.
Call 01606 75755
It’s probably fair to say that every small business owner understands the importance of marketing in order to grow their business but marketing is – well, it’s a lot of work.
If you don’t have a marketing team in-house, finding the time to do everything you should be doing to market your business can be challenging and too often marketing ends up your responsibility and at the bottom of your ‘to-do-list’. Social Media? Website Content? Email Marketing? Advertising? PR? Event Organisation? – it all adds up to a lot of work.
The good news is that you can outsource some, if not all of your marketing tasks to an Outsourced Marketing Manager – such as myself for example – but the question is, how do you know if your business should do that?
Your business would benefit from outsourcing its marketing if you find:
- You simply don’t have the time and marketing suffers when you are busy.
- You know you need marketing help but you can’t afford to employ a full-time senior marketer.
- Your staff, budgets and spending has been scaled back but you need help to continue your marketing activity.
- You want to market your business but need expert advice to take it to the next level.
- You need someone to manage a particular project such as getting started with social media, a new website or email marketing campaigns.
- You have been doing your own marketing but you have no real strategy, plan or way to measure results.
So, why should you outsource your marketing?
- Cost Savings – hiring a full-time senior marketer can be expensive when you add up employee overheads such as salary, tax, benefits, sick pay, holiday pay, phone, training and IT.
- Flexibility – you can add a qualified and experienced senior marketer to your team as and when you need the resource.
- Expertise – you can tap into expertise in marketing strategy, planning, management and implementation, helping you to understand what works and what doesn’t.
- Fresh Approach – you get a fresh, outside perspective of your business and industry together with new innovative ways to market your business to your customers.
- Minimise Impact of Staff Reductions – you’re marketing doesn’t have to stop if you have had to scale back your marketing resources. A virtual marketing manager can continue your marketing projects.
- Responsive – outsourcing gives you access to an experienced senior marketer who can quickly develop plans and campaigns on the tightest of schedules and get started immediately.
- Fill a Skills Gap – how we reach customers has become more complex especially with the emergence of social media and online marketing. Outsourcing can help you fill a skills gap to get a specialised marketing project off the ground.